Our Plan for Real Tax Relief : News Room : The Van Drew Team for Change : Jeff Van Drew, Bob Andrzejczak and Bruce Land
November 12, 2019
Our Plan for Real Tax Relief
- Require voter approval before the state is permitted to borrow money.
- Require the state to spend or base a budget upon recurring revenues — in other words, don’t spend what you don’t have.
- Cap government spending by law and audit every state department and agency to root-out unnecessary spending.
- Constitutionally ban funds dedicated for one purpose from being raided for other uses.
- Create a “Rainy Day” fund to offset large tax increases in bad economic times – in other words,don’t spend every dollar; save for the future.
- Replace the costly and unnecessary printing of official reports and other documents by making the information available online.
- Reduce the number of government vehicles by ten percent a year over the next five years.
- Use the state contracting authority to more competitively purchase goods and services at a lower cost to taxpayers.
- Eliminate the stipend paid to prisoners for performing duties such as road cleanup, etc.